Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Audition Show 6 - Denver

It's Denver! Victoria Beckham is back despite doing absolutely nothing to distinguish herself the first time around. Kind of lackluster show, I'm kind of tired of hearing about how people's lives are awful and Idol will turn it around. For some people it's true, but for the vast majority of them it's the same life, with 5 minutes of tv time. Can't some people just be normal people who would like a chance to be famous? Peyton Manning (Colts QB in the Super Bowl) is a tremendously compelling figure and he did not overcome terrible tragedies. Can't people just be talented?

There were two people who stood out in the show for me.
I thought Mark Labriola was very good, although he rambled in his interview that's not what ultimately matters, right? I liked his look, the tone of his voice, and I think he'd be able to sing other types of music which is important.
I also liked Tori (her last name escapes me). It was strange she had her family friend with her, if Tori was 20 and not 16 i'd think it might be her daughter and they didn't want to mention it. The pictures the girl drew of the cast was great. Tori had a great voice and i think she is possible Top 24 material.

I also thought Nikki was good, and I respected her for how far she came (she was the girl who flew from Italy via Germany to make auditions).
One more show tomorrow! Then on to Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment