Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Top 12 Men Preview.....


It's the Top 12 Men on Wednesday. I am higher on the men than the women so far, but hopefully one or two of the women on Tuesday will change my opinion.


Andrew Garcia was my favorite of the men so far. I loved his rendition of STRAIGHT UP by Paula Abdul (a fitting goodbye to her). That kind of creative re-imagining of songs was a staple of David Cook, one of my all-time favorite Idol contestants and gives me high hope for Andrew. I'll be very surprised if he drops out of the Top 12.
Tyler Grady really stood out for me in his audition, and nothing I saw in Hollywood week shook my confidence in him. Again, I'd be shocked if he is not part of the Top 12.
Casey James impressed me as he reinvented himself during Hollywood Week (in the eyes of the judges). His audition got somewhat sabatoged by the shenanigans with the judges, but he really turned it on, showing a great bluesy, country style.
Despite we have heard very little of him, the buzz on John Park is very good and people who have heard him swear that he is the real deal. We will see...

Out of the rest, I think Michael Lynche is an interesting story, but I'm not sure his talent level is as big as his personality. I also think Todrick Hall has a lot of talent, but for some reason he strikes me as Top 12 out quickly fodder rather than someone who can do well. His personality alternates between boring and annoying, not exactly where you would want to be.

Who are your favorites? We will soon have a much better feel for where this competition is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment