Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Audition Show 5 - LA & Audition Show 6 - Dallas

Ok, my thoughts on the shows. (I watched them at the same time, go DVR!! So this will somehow resemble live blogging in a way...) First up was guest judge Avril Lavigne, who I really like actually (yes I do! She actually does a lot of songwriting and producing for acts in Japan, she's a very talented person. Yes, I said that and I am totally serious.) She also wore the same little black horned sweater my wife wouldn't allow me to get Kate... (and somehow Avril wearing it didn't help that...)

And if you want to know why I wrote so much about Avril it's because EVERYONE sucked while she was on , except the one generic rock chick who I am sure everyone will overrate because every generic rock singing woman on this show gets overrated immensely.

Day 1 Over, Day 2 began....Simon and Randy came in by helicopter and Katy Perry is the guest! Very cool....She has this completely blank look across her face at all times that I find disconcerting.

Hey, I liked someone...

Andrew Garcia was very good. He sang Sunday Morning, which I loved. I also liked the backstory, he seemed like a good guy, and he had those soft, soulful Mario (I dropped out and screwed up the competition) type vocals which I think can do well.

I also liked Tasha Layton. Great vocals, good look - this is someone I think could be in the Top 24 also.

Then we had Jason Greene. And Kara making her first stupid comment of the day where she said "it takes a lot to make girls feel dirty". I'm just going to leave that alone...

The Kara/Katy power struggle was great. Kara is working hard to fill the annoyance vacuum left when Paula was fired. Katy said at one point she may have to throw her coke in Kara's face. THAT would have made good TV.

Next up...DALLAS! And Neil Partick Harris? Huh, What? He's actually not bad but do people get chosen as guest judges by whoever they see as they walk to the building?

Lloyd Thomas was the first real good person of the day. He sang Stevie Wonder and had a nice soulful voice. He also was a lot of fun and had more personality than he showed singing. He may do ok.

I loved Erica Rhodes. Not only did she actually use her prop (the whip) in the song, but she completely shattered the image of Barney's kids, which was wonderful. The crying Barney dominatrix as Randy called her. Only on idol!

BTW, Neil Patrick Harris said there have been a ton of good people. Maybe they could show us some of those people singing, no?

I liked David Pittman, the guy with Tourette's. I liked that he didn't mention it the moment he stepped into the room.

A lot of people seemed to make it from Dallas compared to some of the other cities. Day 2 brings us A JONAS BROS! 1 of them, does it matter which?

Todrick Hall was pretty good. I kind of agree with Simon, i thought the "idol song" he prepared was kind of hokey but he was going to get through anyway as his voice was real good. He has starred previously vs. Fantasia in THE COLOR PURPLE.



I also liked Christian and her story just broke my heart. To go through all of that (she had leukemia) from 4 through 8 is just awful. I'll support her just for that (sorry i couldn't post a pic!)

That was it for me. There were some other people that were ok but no one blew me away. One more week of auditions next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment