Monday, May 3, 2010

The Fab Five!!


Let's say goodbye to Siobhan.

I’m sad to see Siobhan go. I don’t think she was most deserving to go (that would be Aaron) and it leaves us with 4 guys and 1 girl, which is not as interesting. Ultimately, Siobhan reminds me the most of Nadia Turner, a contestant way back in the early seasons. She could really sing, looked the part, and ultimately did performance after performance that appealed to her, and sometimes to everyone else. Doesn’t that describe Siobhan well?

This is the first elimination to really affect the pool. She was chosen the second most, only behind Crystal and Michael. Therefore I have updated the pool sheet to do scenarios! What is that? That means you can type (In the scenario sheet) in the file what place you’d like the results to be (in the yellow cells) and on the first page (in the yellow column!) you’ll get what your final point total will be. (The default scenario score is Crystal, Michael, Lee, Casey, Aaron in that order, as that is the order our pool was chosen in.) Shoot me an email or a call if you are confused and I’ll walk you through it. When we are down to only 3 contestants, I’ll list who wins in each scenario.

I think this week was better than it had any right to be considering the quality of the contestants, and the fact we were doing the “Songs of Shania Twain”, which is one of the lamest single artist themes we have ever had. And the funny thing is, the standouts this week were Lee (with his David Cook channeled version of You’re Still the One) and Casey (with a great ballad called “Don’t” which I had never heard before). Casey really stepped up, yet still was bottom two. Everyone else was solid, with Crystal surprisingly detached from her song choice, which was way too country. (It’s funny, she was totally not into it, and she said “it’s about my boyfriend, of course I’m into it”. Apparently her deep love of her boyfriend didn’t flow out to the audience. She’s starting to coast, which if it continues, and she wins anyway, will be really dull. I hope next week brings a good effort from everyone.

Speaking of next week, the theme is the songs of Frank Sinatra with Harry Connick Jr. as the mentor. Hmm…not sure what to think about this. Could be good, could be boring. I’m not sure if it’s 1 song or 2, and I have heard that there are no guitars allowed (via a Siobhan Twitter) which I find strange.

Just 26 hours till showtime…

No comments:

Post a Comment