Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Top 6 - Songs of Shania Twain!

It's country, it's Shania Twain songs, and it's this group of singers who more often than not refuses to rise above mediocrity. Hmm...

Lee is up first with "You're Still the One". I liked this. He's getting more rocker(ish) week to week, kind of a David Cook vibe. Kara didn't feel the love from the song, for which Lee laughs at her opinion. Simon liked it except for Lee's weird faces. I have the opposite opinion of Kara, I really like her when I can see her and she's not speaking.

Michael with "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing". I thought it was good but somewhat dull. Kara tells us this is one of Shania's greatest hits. Considering they are only doing SIX songs from her whole catalog I would hope so. Simon says it's wet, and when asked to elaborate, he says the opposite of dry. What? Shania cried. (Maybe that was wet?) Michael could wind up bottom three getting lost in the shuffle.

Casey James with "Don't". Not sure what he's singing. Nice little ballad. I think he is doing what Michael tried to do better. Randy likes it. Ellen says "i'm going to say the same thing". You know, if I had a choice to get rid of Ellen or Kara, I'd get rid of Ellen. That's how much she adds to the show. Simon loves it, has Casey come down to give Shania a hug. Good job Casey!

Crystal next with "No One Needs to Know". Crystal is singing this song as a message to her boyfriend. Ugh, it's really country. She is singing really nice, it's good, but i despise the song choice. It's an artist Simon likes, and she is there, so he won't do it but I'm sure he HATES the song choice. Crystal makes excuses for her seeming disconnect with the song. Ooh, Simon agrees with me. Crystal doesn't like being criticized.

Aaron with "You've Got A Way". It's not bad. It's too old for him, the way he is sitting there, the way he is singing, the song choice. It comes off strange. However, it was a very good performance. Simon loved it, and makes Aaron cry with his praise. Even the other judges react when Simon praises someone. Tough to predict who goes out so far.

Sibohan with "Any Man of Mine". Ugh, it's very country. At least it's not strum along like Crystal did. (BTW, Country artists are a bit full of themselves, no? It's the story, get in character, blah blah. The lyrics are just like any other genre.) The arrangement is a bit strange. I think it I wasn't so down on country I'd like this more. Siobhan is running all over. She needs to stop the screeching. It was the worst note of the performance. Everyone really liked it. Simon liked it except the screaming.

Hmm...bottom three? I think Aaron, Lee and Michael, and I think Michael goes home. Which would send shockwaves through the pool, and shockwaves are fun.

See you tommorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I too thought Lee was sounding Cook-ish with that performance, and he was really good. Casey and Aaron were impressive from what I caught on the recap. Aaron is turning out to be more talented than I thought. Michael on the other hand (as well as Andrew)...showed such potential during Hollywood week, but has been forgettable for me all season. It would be interesting if Michael did leave! I was thinking he'd end up in top three, but who knows now!

    ReplyDelete