Monday, April 26, 2010

Tim Urban eliminated...

Let’s say goodbye to Tim Urban.

There’s not much to say. He was better in current weeks, but not good enough to miss him if he was gone. Very few people in our pool had him. In fact, this pool is as close to chalk as you will ever see. No one has lost their #1 pick. 98% of the pool has their second pick, 88% their third, 85% of the total picks are still in, and 25 people have their entire top 5 still alive in the competition. (That’s why I have yet to do any scenarios, it doesn’t make sense when 25 people are alive in each one. I’ll start this week or next though.)

This week was Alicia Keys and inspirational songs. She was an ok mentor. I thought Lee was the best this week, followed closely by Crystal. (I think people are giving Crystal more attention, but that’s because she was last, and Lee much earlier in the show.) Neither Michael or Siobhan was as good this week, both done in by so-so song choices. (Siobhan reached into the bag of songs we should never sing on this show anymore, and Michael’s inspirational song, as Simon pointed out, was about Spider Man.) Aaron and Casey are just there at this point as far as I’m concerned, and I’d be surprised if they are not the two eliminated the next two weeks. (The real drama here is who will be Crystal’s opponent in the final as she will almost certainly be there.)

I missed most of the IDOL GIVES BACK results show (though I made my contribution via I-tunes). However, even though I joined the show at 9:55 I was still able to catch the last 30 minutes as it had the endless runover. I wonder if the network affiliates were happy about that? Also amazing how the elimination still felt rushed 150 minutes into the show.

This week is Shania Twain week with her as the mentor. I HATE it. It’s a defacto country week with a very limited song choice. We didn’t need that, especially with how lackluster things have been. It’s not like she was this fantastic guest judge either that we needed her to come back.

See you Tuesday! Hopefully I can email Thursday and don’t have anything bad occur (like my pc dying, etc.) as has happened the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment