Thursday, March 4, 2010

Top 10 Women Perform!

Ok, it's the women! Crystal is back! That's great, there was real concern earlier in the day she would miss the show. She still was not ok, and Idol wouldn't let her perform without a rehearsal (which I agree with, if you can't rehearse, you shouldn't be on the show, too much possibility of a mess). Guys were much better, will the girls be too? Let's go!!

And we start with Crystal! Kara has taken over the position vacated by Paula as creepy, touchy psycho sitting next to Simon. Crystal is singing a Creedence Clearwater Revival song. It's very good. She is really stepping up. Randy loves that she is not being anyone else. (As opposed to taking a chance? As they will say 2,000 other times?) Judges play up her health stealthily. Crystal has established a niche, a style that you can expect from her now week to week, which is very good. Top 12, meet Crystal.

Haley Vaughn out to sing some Miley Cyrus. Shoot me now before it starts please. I son'r like watching her sing. She moves so unnatural and always has this huge smile for some reason. I didn't like it. She sang it well, but such a bad song (why that?) and it was just dull. Ellen tells her to never stop smiling - no, PLEASE stop smiling. I think she still may get through but I'd like her to be sent home.

Next is Lacey Brown with Kiss Me. Cool..Cute performance, not particularly overwhelming. I'm not sure what kind of artist she is really. Judges range from mildy impressed to slightly less impressed. Eh...could put her in danger as it was totally not memorable.

Katie Stevens out with some lounge music. BORING........she does realize her age, does she not? Plus this is nothing that you would expect her to do, what are people supposed to expected from her week to week, what is her style? Haha, Kara says the judges sometimes give confusing advice? Do you think? Really? Judges are not impressed at all.

Didi with Lean on Me. Please don't stink. Ehh..it's not bad but I'm beginning to wonder how well she can really sing, which is not a positive. Judges hated it, to the point she almost cried. I may have none of the people I want through once this is over.

Next it's Michelle singing Creed. Oh jeez. She is cute though, hopefully that will carry her because this feels like a disaster waiting to happen. I thought that was strange. Not awful, but really didn't work for me. Just ok. Judges aside from Randy really like it. Very surprising. Ryan calls Randy grumpy.

Lilly Scott! I like her. Another solid performance. You know what you get from her, hopefully she can get even better. Kara says this was her first "moment" performance, which it definitely was not. (I'm not even sure it was the best of tonight so far.) Still very good, she's in the Top 12, and we'll go from there.

It's Katelyn Epperly! Her first time on an instrument (Piano) and playing Coldplay, so this will be SLOW. I liked it. A bit slow, but a pretty vocal, the piano was nice, and she really looked good up there. Randy likes, Ellen no, Kara kinda loves her (not sure if she means the song or her and I'm not joking) and Simon accuses her of stealing the arrangment and says she is corny in the process of saying she is better than last week. I liked it.

Two more, Paige and Siobhan. Paige is up with a not as popular Kelly Clarkson song. I liked it. Not over the top like (as Randy would say) but it was good. I don't like Paige to be honest. I think this is about as well as she can do, which makes her expendable from this competition. Kara is not happy because she wrote that song (it's her song) about a bad relationsip and Paige did not capture that anger. (Kara is totally nuts). I'm not sure everyone liked or disliked her. Paige could go home.

Siobhan is up with some Aretha Franklin. She is strange, isn't she (in a good way). I thought that was really good! I'm not sure where she fits in, but you can't go wrong with a performance like that. Wow, Simon says almost the same thing. Judges gush. Good way to end the show.

I think Haley, Katie, Didi and Paige are in danger. BTW, Dial Idol boldly predicts two people out of the top 10 are out this week, and will next week claim a level of being 100% correct this season (so far they have predicted anyone could go out, thus they are batting 1000%.

Be back with results..

No comments:

Post a Comment