Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Top 10 Boys Perform!



Ok, my thoughts on the guys. Better show in general this week. The boys performed as Crystal had complications from Diabetes. As of what i last heard (now at 3pm), she may not make the show, in which case she will be disqualified. Basically she needs to be at the show to do at least one rehersal or else they will not let her do the show.

The guys...
Michael - Very good. Showed some range in his voice, looked like he really cared and was prepared this week. Unlike last week, he looked like a performer. Last week looked like a karaoke competition. Judges went way overboard in praising him but he was first person after the terrible week so i got it.

John Park - Jeez, he is dreary. He was much better than last week but still really brutal because his song choice was again a terribly slow and boring song, and he doesn't have the super powered voice to lift something like that up. Where he might have been forgotten he may be safe as they talked about him for what felt like FOREVER.

Casey James - Had a lot of energy and his guitar playing was excellent. His singing less so. But still a good performance, and he should be safe as can be.

Alex Lambert - Did a John Legend song. Very good in my opinion. I'm starting to like him. He's kind of bland (his look, his personality) but after tonight I can see him starting to draw even more fans.

Todrick Hall - He stunk. He made another strange arrangement of a popular song and again sang it badly. Send him home please.

Jermaine Sellers - Very so-so once more. Argued with judges once more. I didn't like it. We may wind up with a bunch of people in danger again due to apathy if we get a few more bad performances.

Andrew Garcia - My favorite contestant so far. Good again. Will easily move on. My wife heard him and said "i though you said everyone was bad". I guess not. Didn't really hear judges critique, did they concur?

Aaron Kelly - He sang My Girl. Very so-so. Much better than last week though but not saying much there. I have a feeling he moves on easily, he's the only real young guy in the contest.

Tim Urban - I didn't like this too much. It was just ok. Simon gave him all kinds of credit for it though. Made me a bit confused. I think after last week at times they were searching for people to be good.

Lee Dewyze - He was pretty good. This is someone I think has the potential to be really good. I think some fo the good criticism will embolden some of the men now to try more and to be more confident. I think that was Simon's goal today, to take those people he thought had potential and start to build their confidence after last week's disaster.

John Park, Todrick Hall and Jermaine Sellers are in the most danger based on their performance. I could see Tim Urban being in some trouble too. Although i think there will be tight bunching of the votes, which could yield a surprise.

If you ask me how I want to go, it's Todrick Hall and Jermaine Sellers, Jermaine cause he's annoying, and Todrick who just seems overmatched. The other people who were bad so far, they've yet to pick something that could give them any real chance.

See you in 3 hours tonight for the Top 10 (Possibly 9) women!

3 comments:

  1. I like your theme better too :)

    There may be hope yet - Michael was not half bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have access to my tv anymore but saw a few people, Michael (not as good as they said but good, which was a nice change), John (who is winning over anyone who likes dreary music) and Todrick (who is really so-so). Oh, and Casey who was not bad at all but his guitar playing was much better than his singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, guys sing tonight because Crystal had complications from her diabetes and rather than her not perform, they flipped days.

    ReplyDelete